1. The Craft Fair Season is Ovah! Hallelujah! I am so pleased! I did well. I wish I'd done better, but I really can't complain. Wednesday's show was okay despite the driving rain. I'd post my one manky photo, but I'm too lazy to do the work. Each show it's weird what sells and what doesn't. My cards really didn't move this second show and I usually manage to sell about half. I think I'm going to look around for 3-5 good shows to do during the year and get involved that way too. If my stuff sells better in person, then it's kind of stupid of me not be out there.
2. Two work parties involving alcohol in one day is not a good idea. 'Nuff said.
3. Got a really cool present for my mom last night. Hope she likes it. Can't tell you what it is cuz every once in a while she pops in here. Let's just say, she thinks she knows, but she doesn't know.
4. I've lost 10 lbs!
5. I've come to terms with the fact that I'm not going to crown Miss Lean & Green Self-Sustainable Machine 2008. After a week of sleeping in layers (and I mean Layers) of hat, sweats, socks, two comforters in my below 60 degree apartment, I've grown tired of waking up in a cramped fetal position (hee hee, I typed "fecal") and turned on the heat two nights ago. I have never slept so soundly. Add to this my rejection of "green" lights that left me squinting and my avid dislike of my complexes laundry facilities featuring the front-loading HE washers that don't agitate enough to properly clean my clothes and have me removing flecks of food off my "clean" dish towels with my fingers - this means I'm transporting my duvet and not clean enough for me sheet across state lines this Christmas to wash in my mother's top-loading washer with it's soaking capacity and long wash cycle. Just say "no" to dingy whites. Hmm. Apparently I'm not Miss Proper English Sentence 2008 either. Oh well.
6. I've been having a problem with my Typepad account - comments haven't been showing up in my email, or they've been going to my spam folder. Hoping to rectify that by switching email accounts. I remember Jillian had this problem and she switched to Wordpress. That would be nice since it would be a goodly savings, but both logical blog names for me are already taken there. Sorry I haven't responded to your comments, some are lost forever, I'm afraid!
7. Stacey asked if I was going to have any hairpins for sale in my Etsy shop. Only the button, the button cover ones and the crochet ones, I believe. And any others I come up with on my own or that are "fair game." Not any that are part of the challenge that I didn't come up with myself. I don't want to steal anyone else's idea and make money off of it. Also, I don't want to go in to the hair pin biz. I just got the pins as a curiosity from Rings & Things to have a bit of fun. BTW, R&T is sending me a prize package in the next few days so I hope I get some entries (read: an entry). It's going to be a surprise, so I'll post here as soon as I know what the goodies are.
8. This has been the laziest day ever. I have done nothing but feed my virtual computer pet today. Oh, and a load of laundry. My house looks like a sub-standard Michael's exploded. How is it that even though you try very hard to keep all the squidgy bits of paper, fabric and beads to nearby waste containers, they still manage to end up all over the place? I found a fabric yo-yo in the kitchen the other day. Once I woke up nearly choked by my knitting - makes you wonder if anyone has ever been done in attempting "one more row" late at night. Addis through the aorta. Strangled by sock yarn. Although, checking the stats on Ravelry, I don't think asphyxiation by stash is one knitting related death that can be far behind.